Hey there family!!
1. I had really awesome week this week! I didn’t have any baptisms, but I had so much success personally, and my investigators too, that I am just filled with joy! I literally cannot tell you all of the things that are happening, but I hope you all know that I will try!
2. I had a great expense this week with prayer! We were sitting in the rain, at about 8 15, and it was pouring. We didn’t have anything to do, but elder Shelby thought about a less active member, so I thought yeah, let’s go. The thing is, we have an area that is just a hill, so we are walking up hill in a stream. We saw that the huge cemetary in our area was open, and for so rediculously crazy reason, we wanted to walk through it! So we went, and it was dark, and I was scared, and I heard voices like the pirates of the carribean ride at Disneyland, and I was scared, and I never looked behind me, and I prayed. You get the point. Well we got to the other side and we found that the gate at this part was locked. I am freaking out because I didn’t want to walk through it again, and elder Shelby didn’t either. We looked and saw that the wall at this point was about 8 feet high, but it was our only option, so we decided to try and jump it. I can’t jump, but with a miracle I jumped over and was saved from the monsters! We then continued to the house of this less active, and when we got there, this lady was praising the lord scream hallelujah! She was so happy to see us! She had been praying that someone would come to her house to help her move her couch out of the rain! We were an answer to prayers, and for that reason we had to go through the cemetary and jump the fence and all! I know that god listens to our prayers!
3. I was thinking this week about the love that Jesus must have had for us, and I was trying to find scriptuers to help me figure it out. I came to a conclusion this Friday, however, that I will never quite know just how much love he had for us! He died for us, so that we could all be free!! "I stand all amazed" makes tons of sense to me now!
4. I have some pretty sweet goals for this year, and I was thinking about them a lot today! One of the things I want to do is finish 3 of the standard works in Spanish, and with that I am reading tons, and learning tons, I am so greatful for the scriputes in my life!
5. I was reading today in the gospel doctrines book, and I found something crazy awesome in chapter 7! It talks about the Holy Ghost, and it has really great phrases! One of them said that the spirit gives us manifiestations that are more long lasting then even seeing angels, or the son of god! It says that these experiences will fade, but our promptings of the spirit wont! How great that god answers our questions with the most powerful way!! I was thinking about this idea and found a great example! Alma the younger saw an angel, and had his huge repentance right? Well it says in Alma 5 that he gained his knowledge and testimony through the spirit! How great is that! I am glad for the Holy Ghost in my life. I am glad I was born in the covenant, because I can’t remember many times without the guidence of the spirit! What a blessing for all of us!
I love you all, and hope you all have a great successful year in work and school! Build your testimonies!!
Elder Chelson, given um heaven!