Thursday, June 20, 2013

Hey There Familia!

Oh my goodness, this has been the fastest week ever! I cant believe I am writing again! Today we get 50 latino missionaries at the MTC, and in two weeks I will be leaving with them to go to Paraguay! Time flies when you are having fun and working hard! I pray for you all, and know you pray for me as well. I hope you like my letters, I try to be organized, but I know I am scatterbrained.
1. "I am glad you are my son forever." Last week I was in the temple, and after the session, i was reading my letters from Mom and Dad. Dad ended with that quote. I couldnt help but to be overwhelmed by the spirit. I know that I am sealed to my parents and siblings forever, and that is such a blessing for me. President Openshaw talks about how we dont want baptisms, we want sealings. I love being in a church where we know we can be together forever!
2. Following the Holy Ghost. I was able to have two great experiences this last week with following promptings of the spirit while teaching. The first was when someone was asking how they could know our church was true. We had tried explaining everything, and everyone as at a loss on what to say. I was prompted to say that they need to read the Book of Mormon, and follow the promise of Moroni. I promised that if they did they would find that our chruch is true. It was perfect. THe next was with an investigator that was seperated from his family, and wanted to know if God was mad at him. I was prompted to ask if he loved his daughters, and of course he said yes, and then I told him that God loves him the same way, but even more. That was the perfect thing to say. I know that if I can teach with the spirit, I will never be confounded.
3. Sunday Funday! We talked about repentance in sacrament meeting, and someone shared the saying "awake my soul." I truly think that sin drags us down, I have felt it. President had an interest analogy for it. He said our life is like a swamped canoe, the canoe being us, and the water being sin. If you want to fix a swamped canoe, you ahve to get all the water out. This isnt easy, but if you dont do it, it is practically impossible to paddle. We need to get all of the water, sin, out of our lifè before we can progress. It will be easier. I liked that. Elder Alder sang a beautiful song as well, which really brought the spirit to the meeting. BOSKIE, this is for you! We talked about how important the Aaronic Priesthood is, and I thought about you the whole time. Do you know what the keys of the aaronic priesthood are? the ministering of angels and the preperatory gospel. Go read Moroni 7:31 and read about the ministering of angels. You will find that all the roles of the ministering of angels point us to the Atonement. THus, you have the priesthood that aids with the applying of teh atonement to the world. You have a sacred duty to pass the sacrement. IT is very important that you stay worthy, and think about what you are doing. I know you are a faithful deacon, and that you are going to continue to progress to the point that you will be on a mission! Keep it up! ALso, everyone, go watch the mormon message called "the will of god." It is a great one!
4. We watched a talk by elder holland from January of 2009. It was at the MTC. I think I saw sister jurrus in the chior, you should ask her about it. He talked about diligence and hard work. His advice was to return from your mission on a stretcher. I wont do that, but I will try. He used so many titles for missionaries, including angels, superheros, diciples, defenders of Jesus Christ, helper of teh atonement, and sons of god. I loved all of them. I am doing an important thing here on my mission. He said that we study to bring others salvation. This is also the talk where he said salvation never was easy, so the mission wont be easy. If you can watch it, I fully recommend it. 
5. I am blessed to have President Openshaw here. He is a man of god. He prays for all of the missionaries, but also our families. He is amazing. I cant help to think he is almost Christ like. He has all of the attributes, and desires that we be great missionaries. I love the man.
6. I love the Book of Mormon. We talked about how important it has been in our lives, and I was thinking that without it, I would not have much. I would be without joy, hope, love, knowledge of eternal family, many of my heroes, etc. I studied alot of the great chapters in the Book of Mormon last week, like 3 Nephi 11, Alma 5, Moroni 7, 2 Nephi 9, and Heleman 5. I noticed that almost all of the great lessons in the Book of Mormon and taught to church members. THis is just another way that the Book of Mormon is for us. I changed my study plan for scriptures now. I now read the Book of Mormon, verse by verse, in english and spanish. I have learned so much from it already. I like looking at the differences in translation in the two languages. For instance, MOsiah 3:13says that prophets will teach every kindred nation and tounge, but in spanish it says familia instead of kindred. LIterally, the gospél the prophets teach blesses families. I love that! 
7. Like I told mom, I have been doing 100 pushups a day. It is not easy. I am large, and its not easy, jaja, but I am trying it. I am getting better at futbol, and can now hold my own. Its quite fun. There are some hermanas here who are giving everyone disney characters. I was told I am like Rex, from Toy Story. I dont know if that is a complement or what, but I am happy with it. I love it here at the CCM, I have gained so many friends, more knowledge, more spiritual experience, and a better relationship with Christ. 
8. I had tacos for the first time yesterday. Apparently tacos are an american thing... who woulda known?
9. Happy birthday Nat! You are too old! Just think, we have this church becasue of a boy who was around your age decided to pray. You are so marvalous and such! Be happy, and read the letter I sent ya!
10. Emily, congrats on being GOVNA! In spanish you say gobernater... gobernater emíly. jaja I like it! You are so brave to try for that! 
11. Dad and Mom, I have an emergency. I need 160 dollars in my debit account. I have to get money to pay a fee to get into paraguay, and cant cash the check the church gave me. I will send the check I have through the pouch home to you, and then  you can cash it and have the money. I need it sooner than later. I am sorry for the inconvience, I was literally just told this. Sorry.
I love you all! Keep praying for me! 

Elder Nathan, giv´n um heaven!

No comments:

Post a Comment