Monday, September 30, 2013

Tranquilidad Total...

I love you all, and I love this chance to share experiences with you. Forgive me if my letters are bad, and really disorganized... I just have SO MUCH LOVE FOR THIS WORK!! (As is evident with the caps lock.)
1. I have a new companion!! Elder Godoy is from Buenos Aires, and he is so awesome! He was in a band before, and loves music! He is 21, and has a little over 9 months in his mission. He is district leader, and loves to eat. He eats more than me, and faster than me. Something I didn't think I would find here in Paraguay!!
2. I have to admit, before with elder Arredondo, I was a terrible missionary. I had fears of talking with people, and lots of times I just let him talk. He liked to talk. This is something that has changed a lot this week. I had been praying for more confidence, and really wanted to change... well I did. I think that this transfer was an answer from god. Truly an answer to prayers. I, the other day, had a discussion with a 66 year old missionary from a different church... we talked for a really long time about scriptures, and the need for a restoration, and all of this jazz... well she ended up getting mad, and said I don’t want to hear it, I have a party to attend, and just walked away. I thought it was funny. I hope I taught with love, I think I did, but I realized that one day, she will thank me. I need to have this confidence always with me, because I am the arm of Christ in Coronel Oviedo right now. (That sounds really stuck up, but it is scriptural! Doctrine and Covenants section 35!)
3. I ate cow head this week. It was... so good! I am telling you guys, you need to try this! Just take a cow head, cut it in pieces, and cook it like a roast! It was amazing! Haha we are trying to eat more with investigators and members, because 1, we don’t have tons of money, and 2, it is a great way to build friendships.
4. I had a really crazy experience with a girl this week. Don’t worry, I am still worthy. We found a partial family, and we were talking about baptism, and how everyone needs it, well... one of the daughters grabbed my arm and said "please, baptize me" in a really scary voice!! I was rather scared, and my companion and I practically ran! Haha but we are going to teach them again this week. I am planning on sitting really far away from her!
5. We were contacting the other day, and we passed a house that looked good to me. But I didn't stop. I just kept going. Then, 5 minutes later, I couldn't handle the guilt anymore and we went back. A 20 year old came out to talk to us, he practically begged me to teach him. Haha he was so ready to listen to the message, but we only had 10 minutes until our next lesson, so we just kind of introduced ourselves. Right after I thought about how in preach my gospel it says to always connect lessons to lesson 1, and how we didn't. My comp had the same thought. Sadly, we still haven’t found him again. We pass by every day, or call him, and no answer. I really wish I would have taught lesson 1, and I hope I will find another opportunity to teach him.
6. I read today in 2 Nephi 2! It is so awesome this chapter! So much doctrine. I don’t really know why, but it just really inspired me! We have the choice as humans to choose good or evil, right or wrong, and Christ of Satan. We have this choice. Every one of us is prepared to make the choice, whether we know it or not. We are choosing every day to follow Christ or to follow the savior!! I sure hope I am following Christ! Something I really liked about this chapter, that was new, is found in the last verse! It talks about how lei are teaching these things for the good of his sons. It is the same with prophets today! They are teaching us things of god, and with their messages, we are learning what god wants us to learn! And with this idea...
7. General Conference!!! I am so stoked for this Saturday and Sunday!! It is going to be so awesome!! I am a little bit torn though... watch it in Spanish, or in English. I have the choice. Haha I think that both are good, but it is something that is on my mind really hard right now. I will probably just go with my feelings on Saturday and Sunday... but still... uoaipef
8. I read something really interesting in the conference addition of the ensign from April! It is in the talk of elder cook about peace! He talks about how the missionaries in the world right now are helping bring peace to the world. Because peace is only found in Christ. I believe that to true. I am a worker of peace, hurray!! But really, you all should read this talk! It is really great, and really applies to everyone!!
9. I am so blank in my mind right now... but I think that I have covered it all! I love you all, and will write you is o is next week with tons of exciting/joyful/great/interesting/happy news!  I love you all!

Elder Chelson, giv´n um heaven...

Oh, and Emily.. good luck this week with DYW!! i love you and you are going to do great!! scream really loud for me everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment